Friday 16 December 2011

Madness - Disappear

I've had Madness' It Must Be Love stuck in my head for weeks now.



Hadn't realized it's a Labi Siffre cover:



I have such fond memories of Our House being out as a single in the early days of MTV.  Part of what made POP music so attractive to my 6-year-old self, that sense of fun and melody.  Always loved the single cover too, with their painted faces in the billiards rack.





I've been listening to Absolutely a lot lately.  Disappear is such a wonderful song.  That lovely descending chord sequence, and the melodies too, their delivery creating that special sense of ineffable meaning found in truly great songs.




Live in Hamburg 1981:

2 comments:

  1. wow, i had no idea 'it must be love' was a cover! thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I only realized it as I was looking it up for this post!

    ReplyDelete