Monday 19 October 2020

Week in Music & Such October 12-18th

This week mostly Middle Blue's 'Leany Lean' has been stuck in my head. Very catchy. I love groove-based yet melodic music like this. Digging their Love Chords album

I learned that Richard Butler of The Psychedelic Furs released a solo album in 2006 and what I've heard from it is lovely.  

Uncle Tupelo's 'Gun' was stuck in my head for a while. I was reminiscing about seeing them open up for Teenage Fanclub in March 1992 at Toad's Place in New Haven, CT. What a great show. This has always been my favourite Uncle Tupelo tune

I've heard the new Louis Philippe album coming out in December and it is gorgeous pop. 

Reading-wise, I grabbad Yann &Schwartz's 'Atom Agency' today and enjoyed it very much. Loved the artwork, evoking 1949 France in the style of the 60s masters. 

Finished watching 'The Bureau' on Friday night. Oh man is this show great. I binged all 5 seasons in like a month. And perhaps it was The Day Today sketch, thankfully put out of my mind around season three, that had me watch 'The Trip To Greece' last night. Also caught up with Archer season 11 and it's been really funny. After the first two episodes it got back up to classic period Archer

No comments:

Post a Comment