Tuesday 4 September 2012

Emmanuelle Seigner...

During my French pop binge of recent weeks, I actually followed an iTunes recommendation while I was looking to see if they had any more Isabelle de Funès (sadly, they didn't). But I was led to Emmanuelle Seigner and her Dingue album (Kieron Tyler, who wrote that, gave H Bird a nice review last year in MOJO) as I rather liked the cover. And a lovely pop album it is.

My favourite is Le Jour Parfait, I'm a sucker for 'woo-woo's and such a nice chorus:



Alone À Barcelone sweetly sways about the city:



The title track, Dingue:



Emmanuelle duets with her husband, Roman Polanksi, on Qui Êtes-vous? and with Iggy Pop here on La Dernière Pluie:



She also dueted with Brett Anderson on his Back To You:



Before Dingue, Seigner was in Ultra Orange & Emmanuelle. Don't Kiss Me Goodbye, also featured in The Diving Bell And The Butterfly, is a great slice of Mazzy Star/The Velvet Underground:



Their Sing is also quite a good song.



Seigner also starred in Death In Vegas' racy Hands Around My Throat video.

No comments:

Post a Comment