Monday 1 October 2012

Ash Ra Tempel/Ashra - Sunrain...

I've been listening to the Louis Philippe podcasts, very interesting. In the fifth one, "Return To Pop", he talks about meeting Bertrand Burgalat and Sunrain by Ash Ra Tempel being each of their favourite Krautrock songs (actually by Ashra, Manuel Gottsching's project after Ash Ra Tempel).  I love the first Ash Ra Tempel album but only know their output up through Join Inn. I'd never heard this lovely piece of music before.



That podcast episode also reminded me of seeing Louis Philippe and Bertrand Burgalat on the same bill at Bush Hall, London, April 2005. Was a lovely evening. And I was quite taken with Bertrand's song The Angels Combine (from Portrait-Robot). Another World Gone By from that record is also very nice.




In the 6th Louis Philippe podcast, "Consolidation", he talks about working with Pop Genius Martin Newell on The Off White Album

No comments:

Post a Comment