Thursday 25 October 2012

Suede - Another No One...

Suede's Another No One has been stuck in my head all day. Such a lovely song, everything about it - the chords, the melody, the story. I have a very fond memory of hearing this for the very first time. On the day the Trash singles became available in America, I of course bought them right away but only had time to hear Trash itself before heading out for the evening (this was well before I had a cd player in my car. Ah, that summer of '96, such good mixtapes...). It was only a Monday or a Tuesday, but I was out all night (quite a night too) and getting in around 10 a.m. when post-adventure lack of sleep made all the world seem soft and dreamy, I listened to the b-sides. And immediately fell in love with this song. Those Coming Up b-sides are incredibly good, possibly the best batch of b-sides any band has every produced.




Live at the Forum 5 April 1997. Fanclub show of all b-sides.


No comments:

Post a Comment