Tuesday 10 May 2011

The Beekeeper playlist...

As mentioned before, Steve Horry and my (first ever) comic, The Beekeeper, is up (you can download the PDF for free from the site).  I also made a Spotify playlist, each song corresponding loosely to a page.  Though, Pulp-like, we ask that you please do not listen to the playlists while reading the comic.  Steve is also going to post a playlist of what he was listening to whilst drawing The Beekeeper (I expect lots of Scott Walker ; ).

As Spotify is still missing lots of music (as a musician I hate that songwriters get a RIDICULOUSLY small royalty from it, but like the fact that you can now preview albums before you buy them), I was forced to make some substitutions, which I thought I'd post here, as they are ACE songs.  Though the songs I ended up using work very nicely as well.

For page 2, I had originally wanted Future Bible Heroes' "I'm A Vampire".  A song that just SCREAMS AWESOME, or rather throws a shout of AWESOME ventriloquist-like out over the dancefloor as its cool self lingers around the edges, watching the proceedings with a lustful glee in its eye.




And for page 5, the page beginning with The Apiarist's door, I thought Chainsaw Kittens' "Connie, I've Found The Door" would work perfectly:


No comments:

Post a Comment