Saturday 18 August 2012

Theoretical Girl - I Should've Loved You More...

I'm not sure I could love this more.  Such a perfect pop song.  I once described Theoretical Girl's music as "a perfect cross between The Smiths and The Divine Comedy, with a female singer".  A tall order but one she lives up to.


I Should Have Loved You More

Had to go to Myspace to find a stream of the proper album version of this song.

It's hard not to fall in love with those descending chords, the lovely backing vocals, and the "oh-oh..." nod to Beyoncé in the middle 8.

An acoustic version:




Do check out her Soundcloud pages, lots of different versions and lovely covers, which she does for her yearly Advent calendar (more here at her blog).

Nice Bandstand Busking performance:



Another of my favourites from her Divided album, The Biggest Mistake:



Good Timing is a beautiful song (as is Seeing You Again but I can't find any versions to share, nevermind, just buy the album, if you like POP, you'll LOVE it):




No comments:

Post a Comment