Tuesday 15 November 2011

Bullroarer...

A bit of a departure from the usual pop stuff on here, but I've found that people who have good taste don't tend to limit themselves stylistically.  A few hours ago it popped into my head to see if the first Bullroarer 7" was online.  A record I loved on its release in 1997and bought extra copies of to give to my friends, who needed to hear it. We were all in Boston, MA then and seeing them play was inspiring.  They created this wonderful, rampant, psychedelic ROCK, tapping into primal energy and soaring with visions.  Tom Hohmann is one of the most precise, powerhouses of a drummer you could ever wish to hear.  I remember him telling me that the first time he ever played drums was tripping on the day Kurt Cobain died, he broke 2 plastic rods off a multiple plant hanger and sat down at his buddy's drum kit.  And Colin Langenus once had 3 people screech as high and loud as they could in order to demonstrate what the ringing was like in his ears.  They made a highly original beautiful noise and you can download their entire discography for free.

Two live clips from a gig in Boston, May 1998:



No comments:

Post a Comment