Saturday 21 July 2012

Catch Up (DJ'ing)...

Playing Catch Up this evening.  So much I'd like to write about, so hard to find the time these days.  I DJ'ed at The Negative Creep Independence Day special.  The remit was "grunge" but I expanded that to 90s American Rock (though didn't get to play any GBV or Superchunk as I had planned).  What I played:

Alice In Chains - Them Bones
Soundgarden - Outshined
The Afghan Whigs - Somethin' Hot
Pixies - Letter To Memphis
Mudhoney - In'N'Out Of Grace
Big Black - He's A Whore
Sonic Youth - Ca Plane Pour Moi
Cracker - Teen Angst
Nirvana - Son Of A Gun
Throwing Muses - Counting Backwards
Dinosaur Jr. - Freak Scene
Sonic Youth - Sugar Kane (requested)
Rancid - Radio
The Breeders - Cannonball
Faith No More - Midlife Crisis
Fugazi - Waiting Room
Mudhoney - Touch Me I'm Sick

And on August 3rd, I'll be DJ'ing for the first 2 hours at THE BEST NEW CLUB IN LONDON, DEBBIE!  All-girl pop and rock!  What I played at the very first DEBBIE.

Sophia now has a DJ Facebook page.  You should like it, and go see her DJ, she's Ace.  Where else do you get to hear Benny Goodman's Sing Sing Sing and Pantherman's Pantherman in the same set?



No comments:

Post a Comment