Sunday 22 July 2012

Robyn Hitchcock - Adventure Rocket Ship...

Finally got around to listening to Robyn Hitchcock's Olé! Tarantula record the other day, what an incredibly good album!  I love Robyn Hitchcock's songs but am only recently hearing some of the later records.  The opener, Adventure Rocket Ship, is a glorious rocker, enormously catchy and filled with Hitchcock's usual wonderful lyrics.  I particularly like the line "I wish I was the future, I'd kiss you in the past".




I actually came across this song watching the Cooking With Rockstars podcast,  featuring 2 sessions with Mr. Hitchcock.  Very entertaining, making 'Food Pie'.

And the album closer, N.Y.  Doll, is lovely.  About Arthur Kane, the bassist for the New York Dolls. As Robyn says here, he wrote it after seeing the movie, New York Doll.  Live at The Bell House, Brooklyn, NY 6/11/09:



I'm quite fond too of A Man's Got To Know His Limitations, Briggs, which also appeared on Obliteration Pie.  Live at Islington Academy:

No comments:

Post a Comment