Monday 27 July 2020

Week In Music July 20-26th 2020

Busier week for listening this week. Starting off with hearing Nina Simone's wonderful 'Emergency Ward' album after seeing Alex from Fightmilk mention it on FB. Amazing cover of George Harrison's 'My Sweet Lord'. Wonderfully rev'd up and powerful




I heard New Order's 'Regret' on my weekly trip to the supermarket, what an excellent song.



I used to have a bootleg cassette of an Afghan Whigs show in Belgium from 1993 where they covered this pretty much right after it came out, was great. Would love to hear that again.


Then Orlando's 'Just For A Second' has been stuck in my head most of the week. A wonderful pop tune.





Once again got Melody Club's 'My Soft Return' stuck in my head too and gave the full 'Music Machine' album a spin. Some very good stuff on there. Great synthpop





And someone on my IG posted Nino Ferrer's 'Le Sud', a French classic which I'm glad I now know




And of course the Taylor Swift album came out Friday. mirrorball being my favourite. Quite dig the pop of betty too



No comments:

Post a Comment