Monday 3 August 2020

Week In Music July 27th - August 2nd 2020

Week started off with Lonelady's 'Marble' stuck in my head, as I just saw on Twitter that she had some t-shirts left for sale, and me being in the market for cool new t-shirts - most of mine are years old - I snapped up a Nerve Up one. Looking forward to its arrival. 'Marble', what a tune. Especially that 'ha' section at 3:46





Also discovered on Twitter is Katie Dey, whose new record 'mydata', released on the same day as, I am liking even more than Taylor Swift's. Lovely melodic 'floating in space' synthpop




My friend Jon messaged me about Shabaka & The Ancestors cause Jon knows I dig exactly this sort of thing. A new album came out in March which I listened to as well, though I like the one from 2016 even better




The Church's version of The Triffids 'Wide Open Road' has consistently been in my head this year, and this week was no different. What a wonderful version of a stellar tune





Just listened to Sunshine's 'Sunshine' album again this evening while casting a BaZi chart. I've listened before and I dig it more and more. Discovered them through Letterkenny



My phone was acting up in the car the other day so I hit play on the cd player and The Indelicates' 'Savages' came on. One of my favourite songs of all-time. Gorgeous, and says so much about life, my favourite line being 'the tear on your cheek will fall ignored by the suckers to fake romance'. It's one of those tunes that when it comes on you have to ask yourself 'do I want to go thru the intense experience of listening to this right now? is that something I'm prepared to do?'

You got any songs like that?


No comments:

Post a Comment