Monday 24 August 2020

Week In Music August 17th-23rd

Digging Carla J. Easton's new high energy tunes. I've been a fan since TeenCanteen, interviewed her for The Counterforce podcast in 2018 for her first solo album. New solo record out this week. Looking forward to it. The first couple days of this week no music was really stuck in my head. Then I heard 'Weirdo'


The tune features Honeyblood. A name I knew but hadn't really heard anything by. So I went and listened. 'Killer Bangs' is my favourite from what I've heard so far. Excellent chorus.


And Stina's solo My Light Shines On performance is great. What a voice


I follow Carla's brother Murray on Twitter . He posts a lot of good stuff and on Friday posted Andy Bell (Ride)'s new single and an interview with Andy on his blog. Digging the single. Catchy and sounds like it could've come out in the early 90s, which is good by me



I interviewed Steve Kilbey from The Church for my ETC podcast last week. Had a great conversation. He played a great new tune on his weekly Instagram show called 'Tantric Hammer'. 



Steve also covered a bit of 'Crimon & Clover' which got that stuck in my head. I've always liked the Joan Jett version.



Mostly stuck in my head this week was Taylor Swift's 'betty', which, along with 'mirrorball', is my favourite from the new album



And I'm re-watching Letterkenny. So good. Letterkenny and Wodehouse are really what have kept me going this year, still being able to laugh. Glen's "Christian post-alt-rock emo superband" at the talent show is fantastic

No comments:

Post a Comment