Thursday 31 March 2011

Melodika - Wait For A Decade...

Another gem I know absolutely nothing about.  "Wait For A Decade" kicks off the excellent Sound Of Young Sweden Vol 2 , with "Margaret" coming towards the end of the compilation.  And that, as far as I know, is the sum total of Melodika's recorded output.  Someone on the indiepop list was kind enough to send me two further, very good, demos.  And that's all I know about Melodika.  Anyone?

But this song, WOW!!  I was blown away the first time I heard it.  What you want from pop music, really.  A joyous electronic Smiths song.  Soaring strings, a driving rhythm that insists you dance.  Funny, wry, a great story.  I have put this on every mix cd I've made since first hearing it in 2003.  It ranks among my favourite all-time songs.


No comments:

Post a Comment