Thursday 2 February 2012

Psychic TV - The Orchids...

The Orchids by Psychic TV is one of the most beautiful songs I've ever heard.  Utterly gorgeous.  I kept hearing this for years at different places but never knew what it was until my friend Stefan pointed it out last summer.  And I'm very thankful that he did.



Whenever I interview people, my standard last question is "Say you've stolen a space shuttle and are flying it directly into the sun, for whatever reason, what would the soundtrack be?"  I think I would chose this song. The incongruity between the enormity of the situation, which you'd expect to sound thunderous and bombastic, and the delicateness of The Orchids would amuse me.  But also I'd want to be listening to something beautiful in such a situation.  And the lyrics would be perfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment