Thursday 3 May 2012

Specks In The Sky #2 (Tender Trap, Philip Jeays, The Melting Ice Caps and more)...

David Shah, my partner in The Soft Close-Ups, is putting on another gig on Bank Holiday Monday, May 7th, at The Wilmington Arms in London (info here).  The first Specks In The Sky event was great and this one promises to be also.

Tender Trap are headlining.  Their new song, Love Is Hard Enough, is very catchy indeed:



I really liked their first album, Film Molecules. Face Of '73 from that record was one of my faves:




Britain's own Jacques Brel, Philip Jeays, will also be performing.  Very excited about this as his gigs are always excellent.  My review of his latest album, My Own Way, will be up soon.  The title track:



One of my favourites of his, perhaps even my favourite, the exquisite Mr. Jeays:


Live in Brighton, January 28th, 2010.

David's will be doing a solo set of his The Melting Ice Caps material.  Lots of great free pop songs on the site.  Here's his Mise En Scene, which I played guitar on:



I was impressed with Owen Duff's music at the last Specks.  His London You're My High:




I know little about Matthew Robins, though I've heard good things.  And this, The Wicker Cat, sounds quite nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment