Sunday 8 May 2011

Damon Albarn - "Dying Isn't Easy"...

On the train back to London last night, Steve was telling us how the next Nuisance Band's covers set will be Blur.  (If you like dancing to Britpop, from its heights to its most obscure, Nuisance is the club night for you).  And this reminded me of Damon Albarn's gorgeous song tucked away at the end of the 'Ordinary Decent Criminal' soundtrack, "Dying Isn't Easy".  I've always been stunned by this song's beauty, its lush melancholy you inhale deeply and let it linger until you let out a sigh of exquisite pleasure at the end's backing vocals, "just when I needed, needed you".





I remember paying upwards of $30 for this soundtrack on import when it came out in 2000 and I still needed to own everything Blur ever did.  It was totally worth it for this alone, with the added bonus of Bis' AWESOME "Eurodisco".

No comments:

Post a Comment