Thursday 5 May 2011

Gene Page - "All Our Dreams Are Coming True"...

Very busy day!  We finally got print copies of "The Beekeeper" comic, which will be also be viewable online from Saturday here.  And then a fantastic evening at Alan Moore's Dodgem Logic night as part of the London Word Festival at Hackney Round Chapel (with Steve AylettRobin Ince, and Stewart Lee - Stewart Lee's site is awesome by the way, lots of stuff and some free mp3s including Stewart Lee interviewing Alan Moore on Chain Reaction.  Also, I can't recommend Steve Aylett's 'LINT' enough).

So just a quick post, cause I'm now dead tired.  But this is a lovely lovely song by Gene Page, who worked with Barry White amongst many others and also did the 'Blacula' soundtrack.  I discovered this wonder on Saint Etienne's 'The Trip'.  Utterly SMOOTH, gorgeous uplifting melody, major key funk guitar riff, gliding into cool disco.


2 comments:

  1. I *love* that Gene Page track too! I heard it on the St Etienne compilation and am still trying to track it down as an mp3 or on CD

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's great, isn't it? I think I grabbed the album from http://funkytownsoul.blogspot.com/2010/12/gene-page-hot-city-1974.html . I'd be happy to send you the mp3 if you want.

    ReplyDelete