Friday 10 June 2011

The Dead Milkmen - "Punk Rock Girl"...

The Dead Milkmen's "Punk Rock Girl" was a classic on its release.  Fun, incredibly catchy and deeply romantic with the light-hearted, care-free romance of youth.  The suburban romance of dreamt urban anarchy, when young souls are compelled to paint the grey world every possible colour they can, whether it matches or not, whilst all the while being very aware its all still grey.  Or maybe that's just how it seems to me now.  Now that I'm old.  When I was younger, it was just fun, incredibly catchy, and somehow deeply romantic ; )

"Beelzebubba" is a great album, my other faves from it being "The Guitar Song", "Born To Love Volcanos" and "Life Is Shit".  I saw them in 1992 on the 'Soul Rotation' tour at Toad's Place in New Haven, CT and Rodney Anonymous dove into the crowd and was hauled outside by security who didn't realize/believe he was the singer.  There was quite a funny delay, him being without his pass, before he was allowed back in and onstage.

This is also one of my favourite ever guitar solos.


No comments:

Post a Comment