Thursday 16 June 2011

Naz Nomad & The Nightmares - "Kicks"...

I have always loved The Damned. Dave Vanian has such an excellent and powerful voice (listen to the croon in the middle 8 below!) and is one of the best frontmen I've ever seen.  I got to see The Damned play on Halloween in Boston once, it was AMAZING.  It was only recently though that I learned about their garage-rock project in disguise, Naz Nomad & The Nightmares.  A bunch of 60s garage/psych covers plus two originals,  "Give Daddy The Knife Cindy" was released in 1984 (although it was meant to look like a reissue of the 1967 soundtrack to a b-movie).  "Kicks" is my favourite from the album, but their cover of The Human Beinz' "Nobody But Me" is pretty great too.





And the original by Paul Revere & The Raiders:


No comments:

Post a Comment