Wednesday 22 August 2012

First Kiss Lips on Amazing Radio...

I was on Amazing Radio this morning talking about First Kiss Lips (!!!!!)  So Awesome.  It was for the blog segment of Ruth Barnes' Breakfast show.  A nice little write-up here about First Kiss Lips. Ruth also does The Other Woman blog and radio show, highlighting female acts.   My part of the show is here:



And you can listen to the whole show here.  (I'm at 158 minutes in):




I also did a gig this evening, my first solo acoustic performance since I played at an Apricot Records night in Frankfurt, October 2003.  That was ace, I played with Holger from Panamaformat who are excellent.  I enjoyed tonight very much and at the last minute decided I should play my song First Kiss Lips (from the H Bird album) as it would be quite fitting for today.



Set was:

Strawberry Girl
Watching It All Blowing By (Texas Governor cover)
When U Look Away (dedicated to Pierre-Antoine from Plastic Pancake records, who put it out as a single in 2003.  Was great that he could be there to see it live tonight)
First Kiss Lips
Painting Your Dead Neighbor (possibly the best song I've ever written, at least the one with the most sauce-based puns ; ) Forthcoming Lullaby Oscillator single, out soon)

On the radio this morning I got to choose a song to play and I picked The Hall Of Mirrors' Love Child as it was seeing them last year that inspired me to write the very first First Kiss Lips blog post the very next day.

And here's the new video for that Gorgeous song:




Thanks to everyone who's been reading First Kiss Lips and everyone who listened to the radio interview.  It was quite exciting doing it.

No comments:

Post a Comment