Saturday 4 August 2012

The Soft Close-Ups - Eiscafe (Live)...

I was searching YouTube for our Some Sick Day video to send to someone yesterday when I came across this:



Our new song Eiscafe recorded live at Stop Look Listen, August 2nd, 2011.   I had no idea this existed.  I remember this gig as being one of the best I've ever played.  It was a very emotional time for me and it all seemed to come out in the music.  I'm also incredibly pleased with the song.  I think it's one of the most beautiful guitar parts I've ever written.  David has put a A. E. Housman poem (From far, from eve and morning) into the verses, giving it as he calls "a nice western wind vibe".  It will be on the new e.p. which we just finished mixing the other night, along with a new version of Birthmark and another of my favourites, On The Mainland.

No comments:

Post a Comment