Saturday 4 August 2012

What I Played At DEBBIE, August 3rd, 2012...

DJ'ed again at DEBBIE last night.  In my opinion the best new and best full-stop club night in London.  A celebration of all-girl vocals.  I had the first two hours and although it was quiet at the beginning, I really enjoyed just playing some songs I wanted to hear and chatting to Sina (who runs the night) about music.

My set:

Alice Dona - C'est Pas Prudent
Gillian Hills - Tut Tut Tut
Bridge - Soft Cream Whistle
Club 8 - Missing You
Kerr - Back At Ya
May Roosevelt - The One With The List
Sharleen Spiteri - Keep Me Waiting (I hadn't cued up the cd when I hit play by accident, but I love this song so it didn't matter)
Girlfrendo - First Kiss Feelings Vs. Everyday Sensations (it's an all-girl vocal policy, much as I love this song, I had forgotten about the abundance of male vocals in it.  Fortunately, no one was really there to hear this faux pas)
Blast Off Country Style - Cutie Pie
The Crystals - He's A Rebel
Diane Renay - Kiss Me Sailor
The Jellybeans - I Wanna Love Him So Bad
Dolly Mixture - Step Close Now
Andrea Davis - You Gave Me Soul (unfortunately it started skipping during this amazing song)
Petra Cernocká - Saxana
Linda Thorson - Here I Am
Shirley Bassey - Moonraker (Disco Version)
Robyn - Robotboy
The Aprils - Astro
Freezepop - Summer Boy
The Kid - Transient Dance
Alizée - J'en Ai Marre
Marine Research - Parallel Horizontal
Shrag - Rabbit Kids
Siouxsie & The Banshees - Song From The Edge Of The World
Elastica - Stutter
Theoretical Girl - I Should've Loved You More
Those Dancing Days - Those Dancing Days
Deniece Williams - Let's Hear It For The Boy
Mint Royale & Lauren Laverne - Don't Falter
Goldfrapp - Number One
Jah Wobble & Julie Campbell - Feel
Freezepop - Doppelganger
The Long Blondes - Here Comes The Serious Bit
The Breeders - Divine Hammer
Pizzicato 5 - Twiggy Twiggy Vs. James Bond
Kenickie - In Your Car
Kylie Minogue - Disco Down
Saint Etienne - He's On The Phone
Jane Wiedlin - Rush Hour
Lita Ford - Kiss Me Deadly
Gina G - Ooh Aah Just A Little Bit
Blondie - Dreaming
Camera Obscura - French Navy (for Clare on her birthday, but unfortunately we tried to play this 3 times at different points on 2 different cds and it kept skipping).

Looks like I'm DJ'ing an hour at Sina's other all-girl night on the 18th, Scarlett O'Harlot.

No comments:

Post a Comment