Monday 28 September 2020

Week In Music & Such September 21st-27th, 2020

Not too much to report. It's mostly been just a few things. The Replacements' 'Valentine' has been stuck in my head most of the week. AND THAT IS AN AWESOME THING. 

Last night, exhausted after a busy day of work, I just lay on my floor and listened to my favourite Replacements songs. It was exactly what I needed.

I had a really great conversation with Nick Leet from High On Stress for the latest Etcetera ETC With Young Southpaw on Thursday. An hour for the podcast then an additional hour after I stopped recording. We have very similar tastes in music. High On Stress are one of my big musical discoveries of this year. If you like The Replacements, I highly recommend checking them out. And Nick sent me this link of them doing a cover of 'Valentine'.  High On Stress' 'Work Release', first song on their new record, has also been stuck in my head quite a bit.



Picked up the new Wendy James album today. Looking forward to listening as soon as I'm done writing this. Title track is lovely



Read this interview with Tricky and realized he has a new record out, Fall To Pieces. Listened to his 20 20 EP from March. Dug them both and bought them. My favourite being this from the EP



Loving 'The Bureau', will finish Season One tonight. 

Been reading William Boyd's 'Armadillo'. Loved his Bond novel so when I was at the bookstore a couple weeks ago and saw this compared to Kingsley Amis & Evelyn Waugh I picked it up. I'm enjoying it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment