Friday 27 January 2012

Amelia Fletcher - Can You Keep A Secret?...

Last night I was shocked to find that Amelia Fletcher had released a solo single in 1991 on Fierce Recordings.  I had no idea this even existed!  I was also quite surprised by the electro-ness of it and re-recorded Wrap My Arms Around Him on the b-side.



Fondly reminiscing about falling in love with Heavenly after I first heard I Fell In Love Last Night on the Sarah Records Glass Arcade compilation.  I bought that right after I discovered Sarah via the Another Sunny Day What's Happened 7" (Sarah 16) on my last Connecticut record shopping trip in the summer of 1994, a few days before I moved to Boston, and found so many great bands on the comp., beginning many years of tracking everything down.




Another favourite of mine back then was Itchy Chin:




And of course Talulah Gosh:




When I was writing my Girl Talk EP (5 songs with girls' names in the titles), I pulled out The Hit Parade's More Pop Songs and saw the song title "Christmas Tears (Starring Amelia)" and thought that would make such a great song title itself.  Nothing to do with Ms. Fletcher but you can download my Starring Amelia for free here.



And a clip from the excellent I Am The Programmer podcast featuring Amelia Fletcher talking about C86:

No comments:

Post a Comment