Thursday 5 January 2012

The Foundations - Take A Girl Like You...

Although more famous for Build Me Up Buttercup, The Foundations' Take A Girl Like You is another 60s Pop classic.  I came across it two years ago as the theme tune for the Jonathan Miller film of the same name, starring Hayley Mills and Oliver Reed, based on the Kingsley Amis novel.  I was on a big Kingsley Amis kick back in 2001, collecting and reading almost everything by him (even learning that one might get a deal on ebay if you searched for variations of his name misspelled, Kinglsey etc.).  I remember liking this boy-trying-to-get-girl story, not as great as such classics as Lucky Jim or The Old Devils (my personal favourite.  I've always said that the mark of a good book is that you really miss the characters after you're done reading it, and I still do, 9 years later) but still worth a read and the film worth a watch.



Title sequence from film, but not the greatest audio quality:

No comments:

Post a Comment