Saturday 23 April 2011

Daisy Chainsaw - "Love Your Money"...

I just watched this video again for the first time in 19 years!  I fondly recall seeing Daisy Chainsaw on '120 Minutes' back in 1992, before I had my driving license, and asking my friend Jim, who worked near Secret Sounds, to pick up "Love Sick Pleasure" and "Generation Terrorists" for me.  Ah, what awesome days...  This was shortly before I was to visit London for the first time.  It was so exciting to be constantly discovering new music, and coming to UK, where so many of my favourite bands were from, everything about that trip was just WOW.  And this is one of the songs I always associate with that time.  And since I moved here in 2003, I'm really glad that "Love Your Money" still gets played at the clubs.  It's SUCH AN AMAZING SONG!  Still gets me excited.  A PURE BLAST OF ORIGINALITY.  One of those spectacular and special POP MOMENTS!





This often gets stuck in my head, and has so lately.  And since I saw The Dogbones at Stay Beautiful last night, and then Cherry Foxxx played "Love Your Money" a little later on in the evening, getting it VERY stuck in my head since, I thought I'd post about it : )

No comments:

Post a Comment