Wednesday 6 April 2011

Nina Brodskaya - "S Lyubovyu Vstretitsya" (To Meet With A Love)...

In order to share this song and that of the previous post (Marianne Mendt's wonderful "Wie A Glock'n") was the whole reason I started this blog.  I discovered this magnificent slice of pop when I was trying to learn Russian a few years ago and was watching the comedy films of Leonid Gaidai .  I can highly recommend 'The Diamond Arm' but I was absolutely delighted to learn that there was already a film called 'Back To The Future', well 'Ivan Vasilievich: Back To The Future', released in Russia in 1973.  (I have since bought a DVD collection of Gaidai's work, but these are readily available on Netflix if you're in the States).  Even with my only-rudimentary grasp of Russian I found 'Ivan Vasilievich' very funny.  A scientist builds a time machine in his flat and accidentally sends his building manager and a thief back to 16th Century Moscow while Ivan The Terrible is transported to 1973?  Amazing!  It's apparently based on a 1935 play by Mikhail Bulgakov.  And quite early on in the film there's this:



Which immediately had me sitting up closer to the screen, completely captivated.  It took a bit of research but I was to learn that the singer is Nina Brodskaya (delighted to find this page, which has lots of mp3s of her early work that I'm eager to check out).  Here is the full mp3 of this song, which was sent to me by a very nice man named Juri, who has some more Russian songs up on his blog.  Aleksandr Zatsepin is the composer and worked a lot on Gaidai's films.  I've since bought his 'Izbrannoe' collection which is quite good, my favourite being 'Zvezdni Most'This looks quite interesting as well, Morricone and Zatsepin doing the soundtracks for 'La Tenda Rossa' as for some reason the Russian version had Morricone's score replaced.

1 comment:

  1. MJ faked his death to expose the NWO..That's why no more news & rumors, that's why MJ Memorial TRIBUTE 25.06.2010 at OLIMPIC STADIO Rome was cancelled
    https://www.facebook.com/Michael-Jackson-La-FINTA-Morte-ILLUMINATI-1066402416713959/?fref=ts
    ---
    http://mjacksonlafintamorte.altervista.org/brilliantovaya-ruca-the-diamond-arm-1969/

    ReplyDelete