Saturday 16 April 2011

The Real Tuesday Weld and Vera Chytilová - "Daisies"...

I'm quite ill today so just a short little post.  The Real Tuesday Weld's "Daisies" has been stuck in my head since I decided this morning it would be an excellent idea to watch Vera Chytilová's surreal masterpiece "Daisies" again.  As far as I know the two are in no way related.

This is a different version than the one I have on 'The Return Of The Clerkenwell Kid' (check out 'On Lavender Hill' too, another of my faves).  It's a great tune and the lyrics are really good.  Follow The Clerkenwell Kid's blog here.





And the film "Daisies", WOW!  I was blown away when I first saw this last year.  Fun, vibrant, inventive, anarchic, surreal, it consistently impressed from shot to shot.  Bobby Barry of The Pipettes and Jamie Manners of The Vichy Government both recommended it to me.  With them being huge film buffs, I knew it would be good, but it became one of my all-time favourite films.






No comments:

Post a Comment