Saturday 30 April 2011

McAlmont & Butler - "Zoom"...

Steve Horry introduced me to "Zoom" about a month ago.  I'd never heard it before!  And I love this McAlmont & Butler version.  Bernard's playing is so, as always, amazing.  He's just got it - feel, style, and great melodic sense.  I still don't get all these guitar players who just play the chords (except for Johnny Ramone ; )  David McAlmont's voice is equally as awesome.  I've been alternating between this and his excellent collaboration with Michael Nyman. And what they say about the state of pop music at the beginning is equally true today, though I imagine it probably holds at any given time.






And here's the Fat Larry's Band original:



2 comments:

  1. I like very much Marc Almond, saw him last year in athens and was awesome, especially when he was performing scott walker's adaptations in jacques brel's songs~ love all of them:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Nikolas! I love Marc Almond too. Wish I could've seen those gigs. I'm sure they were amazing. Really enjoying your site! Looking forward to checking out more Greek bands. I've liked Marsheaux for years. I plan on posting about May Roosevelt next. Nice to see your favourite book is "Gravity's Rainbow". I just posted a quote from GR on Facebook. I love Pynchon. "Against The Day" is my favourite book of all time.

    ReplyDelete